Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Recipe Tuesday



Who doesn't like a yummy warm soup when it is so cold outside? I use to hate soup and I certainly did NOT love anything that had Broccoli in it.  However, I found that I do in fact love Broccoli and cheddar soup especially from Panera...that stuff soup is like a small glimpse of heaven but is full of calories.

So I had to find a soup that would be healthy but taste just as great.  I found just the soup and wanted to share my finding with all my readers.  This soup is so good and is only 125 calories.  :) I found the recipe in my Hungary girl recipe book.

Ingredients
1 tray of Green Giant Just for One! Broccoli and Cheese Sauce.  (They come in a four pack)
1/2 cup of plan light soymilk
1 wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese, Chopped into pieces
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Directions
Prepare Broccoli and Cheese, pull film back slightly to vent.  Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.

Pull film back all the way but do not remove, add cheese wedge and mix.

Place film back over the tray and microwave for 45 seconds.  Mix well.

Place mixture into blended, along with soymilk.  Mix till desire.

Transfer soup to microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about a minute.

ENJOY-Makes 1 serving

125 calories
5.75g fat
11.5g carbs
2g fiber
7g protein

Do you have a soup you can share?


1 comment: