Saturday, December 28, 2013

I challenge you..

If you been following me you know that I am an active member of the What's Beautiful Campaign with Under Armour.  Let me give you the run down if you don't know what the campaign is about.  Basically, it is a bunch of women challenging each other with workouts, yoga poses and getting in touch with the inner self.  You post pictures, videos and at times favorite quotes to inspire others and yourself.  Under Armour is active in this campaign sending out swag to ladies who have reached a level of pure awesomeness! I haven't gotten any swag but I have gotten a lot of hard workouts and have been challenging myself to get out of my fitness box.

Yesterday, one of the UA sisters put a challenge out to write a letter to yourself.  Many people have done something similar to this but Lindsey put a twist to this challenge.  She challenged us to fast forward five years and write a letter to our current self.  I loved this challenge as I needed to hear myself say some things out loud.  We are so hard on ourselves that we rarely pat ourselves on the back.  We rarely say slow down, listen and just be.  I seriously learned a lot about myself in this little challenge. I LOVED IT!

Here is my Letter..

Dear Kathy, 


Life continues to throw you curve balls but you continue to hit it out of the park.  You never back down on a challenge and always look for the positive in what life throws you.  This year has been a very difficult year for you.  Yet, you continued to grow and believe that life is certainly possible.  You look at the bad and ugly stuff in life AND use it as fuel.  Not many people understand you or even want to but that doesn’t bother you because you love what you have become.   

I know you more than anyone knows you.  You are WAY too hard on yourself.  You want to reach perfection when perfections sometimes is just not reachable.  You my friend are your worst enemy but somehow you are also your best cheerleader.  You like  going beyond the limits but sometimes you need to stop and take it all in. Being still my friend is sometimes better than moving if you just listen and BE.  
Be proud of where you are now! You have lost over 50 pounds yet you continue to dwell on the imperfections.  Imperfections make you beautiful, strong and unique. Many people would kill for a body like yours…so wear it with a smile and be proud of those muscles you have earned.
Be proud of your accomplishments.  I know you are struggling with setting goals for 2014 but just go with the flow. You don’t need to always out do your last goal.  Be proud that you are a marathon runner, tough mudder, triathlete and lifter. Be you this year and listen to what your heart is telling you.
I know how badly you want to find a PE/Health job. Just believe that God will get you where you need to be.  You will be amazed at where you are heading and what you will accomplish down the road. Just continue to learn, grow and always love you.  This is going to be an awesome year for you Kathy. With all that passion you have inside you someone will believe in you!!! Someone will give you a chance at a job you been waiting for.  Someone will see that you are simply to amazing to pass up.  Continue to believe in the impossible, continue to be amazing and continue to dream.  
 
See you in 5 years! 

I challenge you at write a letter just like this! Then read it to yourself out loud..maybe even video tape it.  You will be amazed at how emotional you will get when you hear the words.  Be kind to yourself and remember that no matter where you are in life you will continue to move forward.  

Come join the What's Beautiful Challenge :) I KNOW you will love it! 
Here is the link to join. Make sure you add me as a friend! 

http://whatsbeautiful.ua.com/
 

2 comments: