Thursday, July 24, 2014

Mexico...Vacation 1

"A vacation is having nothing to do and having all day to do it." ~Robert Orbin
How do you end a crappy school year? You fly straight to Mexico the first two days of summer. This trip was planned for months as it was for my Brother Bobby's wedding.  I was so excited about traveling to a new country, as well as using my passport for the very first time.  I was excited about the trip but I was more excited to see my Brother finally marry his best friend and the love of his life. It was a gift to be able to watch a new chapter in their life begin. 
Is Mexico beautiful? Great question! I have to say I didn't get to see much of it because I was either in the pool, at the bar or in bed.  I never got in the ocean, never really explored but I had a fabulous time hanging out with friends I rarely get to see. 
I know you probably want to know did I exercise? I went running the second day I was there and I took a yoga class right on a pier. The yoga class was AMAZING! All I could see was the blue ocean and felt the awesome air on my tired body....I maybe got a total of 5 hours of sleep the first night. I tried to go for a run the day after my Brothers wedding.  I maybe made it .4 miles before I had to walk.  Luckily, I ran into my Dad who walked with me for 30 some minutes.  This probably was one of my favorite things about Mexico... I just adore my Dad! Spending time with him is something I never can get enough of.
The wedding was BEAUTIFUL! It rained 5 minutes before the wedding was going to start but it turned out to be a stunning day.  I cried of course when Mandie walked down the isle to meet Bobby.  I've been their number one fan forever! Who doesn't want their Brother to marry their best friend.  I get teary eyed thinking about how awesome it is to have both of theses guys in my life.  I normally am the third wheel in their relationship....thankfully they still love me.
Their really isn't much to report about Mexico.  I don't really remember most of it...so clearly I had a great time.  I did however come home with a freaking parasite...UGH. Everyone has been asking me would you go back even after you were so sick? HECK YES! I would go back tomorrow!
My tan will fade but the memories I have made will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment