Friday, September 28, 2012

16 reason I love running



I have to laugh at the saying above because I am 100% sure on Sunday I will be saying this to myself.  Sunday is my last long run before the Columbus Marathon.  Training for a Marathon is not a walk in the park...it is HARD.  I am up early every weekends and most week days.  Doing something I love but something I hate at the same time.  Why I do it... well because I can!

Here are a few reason's why I love running so much...
1. Post Meal-Pancakes!
2. Chatting with my friends. I get to spend a lot of time with my running friends during training.  We get to spend time talking about problems, our future and our fears....my running friends know everything about me!
3. It makes Louie tired for at least a few hours.
4. The endorphins-The runners high is NO JOKE!
5. It is MY time to get away from the world....even if it is only for an hour.
6. I get to be out in nature...it is AWESOME running in the morning when you can hear the birds and see an amazing sunrise.  It is absolutely stunning!
7. To improve my life....it will help me live longer and happier.
8. To do something most people only dream about.
9. To push myself past my own personal limits...
10. To believe in the POSSIBILITIES....Running makes me feel like I can do anything.  If I can run 20 miles, I can tell people how I feel...etc! Running proves to me that it is okay to be me and to take the courage to walk towards my dreams...EVEN when people don't agree with them. 
11. For the race shirt
12. For the experience
13.  For the hardware
14.  For the accomplishment
15.  For the excitement...if you have ever been to a race you know what I am talking about.  Races are exciting...everyone is positive and happy.  I wish the world was like a race morning..
16.  Lastly....to have a great stories and memories! None of my brothers and sisters can say they have ran a race with our Dad.  This is our story, our memory that I will get to carry with me forever! They don't understand why we do it but I know Dad understands why this bond is so important to us....it isn't about the miles it is about the time we get to spend together.  This probably is one of my favorite things Running have given me.... A moment spent with the best guy in my life! :) Well best two guys...Dad and Louie!

So why do you run?


No comments:

Post a Comment