Thursday, September 27, 2012

For the love of YOGA



I keep forgetting how much I LOVE YOGA.  My mind is always focused on logging in the miles or getting in heavy weights..I often forget about how yoga makes me feel.  So many people think yoga is easy but for me it is the hardest exercise. There is not much sweating in yoga, my heart rate doesn't increase a lot and I have to toss all my worries aside for a solid hour.  Maybe that is why I love it so much....it calms me.

The interesting thing about yoga is you feel energized and alive while calm and relaxed. You feel like you just had the most intense workout of your life and the most relaxing spa treatment ever! It feels amazing and painful all at the same time. 

I use to hate yoga.  I loved the whole idea of stretching but couldn't stand how slow it was, seemed pointless. For someone that loves movement and is always on the go, this exercise was painful for me.  It was hard for me to sit still, to stay calm and to stop thinking so much.  But that is why I love it too.  I had to really work on relaxing and turning my brain off once I stepped on my yoga map.

Now, I have moments when I am present but my mind is completely gone.  It feels amazing, calming and extremely peaceful.  I have cried when practicing yoga not because I was in pain but because the pain I was holding on was being released.  It took me a long time to get to that phase in yoga.

I highly suggest picking up a yoga class or checking out some poses.  Sit and calm yourself once a day.  Listen to your breath and your heart.  Yoga has so many health benefits....so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment