Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fitness Bucket List

Have you ever saw the tear jerking movie called The Bucket List? The movie is about two terminally ill men that escape from the cancer ward and head out on a road trip.  On this road trip they set out to cross off items on their own bucket list before they die from cancer.  I bet that after you saw that movie you started thinking about your own bucket list? I know I did!

For some it might be to see the seven wonders of the world, for others it might be running with the bulls or riding a hot air balloon over Paris.  The one thing I am certain is that we all have a list, we all those things we want to do before we leave this earth. 

The athlete in me wants more than just the local races, I have a desire to do something more, something bigger. So why not start a Fitness Bucket List? I am certain that my list will continue to grow each year but I will do everything in power to cross items off....unless I die suddenly (let's hope that isn't the case).

Things already off my list..
1. Finish a Marathon...the day I fell in love with running, was the same day I decided that 26.2 miles was for me.  I am happy to say I have finished one marathon and am not 27 days away from completing my second!

2. Beat my Dad in a race...Yep! My dad is my hero! He loves running and racing just as much as I do.  He always beats my time.. ALWAYS.  So I decided this was something that had to be on my Bucket List.  I beat him last year in Florida at the St. Pete's Race by 15 minutes.  He told me that beating him would only happen once in my lifetime....I say WATCH ME DAD!

3. Finish a Triathlon...I was so scared of swimming but I wasn't going to let fear push me away from this dream.  I completed a sprint tri, as well as an Olympic Tri.

4.  Tough Mudder....when I saw this race I said, "That is stupid crazy! Where do I sign up?" I have completed 4 of them this year.  I hated it and loved every single minute of it.

5. Complete two half marathon's in one weekend...Another awesome crazy thing but I had to do it! So I signed up for the Commit to be Fit half and the Pittsburgh Half in the same weekend. 

Fitness Bucket List
1. Complete the Goofy Challenge...this is another CRAZY event but something about this challenge brings a smile to my face.  Disney is probably one of my favorite places in the world.  The Goofy Challenge is running a half marathon on Saturday (13.1 miles) and follow it up with a full marathon on Sunday (26.2).  That is completing 39.3 miles in two days :) Crazy maybe, Goofy for sure!

2. Complete a 1/2 or full iron man...now this is the REAL deal! Can't wait to check this off the list.

3.  Complete a Marathon in Greece....I want to run the same path as the man who ran the first marathon.  I will be wearing shoes and maybe a Togo.

4. Sky Dive
5. Rock Climb
6. Do 10 pull ups without being assisted
7. Spartan Race (similar to the Tough Mudder)
8. Study Yoga in India for a week
9. Get my personal training license
10. Run the Country Music 1/2 marathon 
11. Run in Washington DC 
12. Surfing
13. Scuba Dive with Sharks and Dolphins
14. Run a race in all 50 states
15. Go to a real boot camp
16. Bike across America
17. Do NOTHING for a MONTH

So that is it for now... I am sure I didn't even list everything! 

Tell me about your Fitness Bucket List! Maybe we can do something together and cross a few off the list!



2 comments: