Sunday, October 28, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness

Source: polyvore.com via Diah on Pinterest


October is breast cancer awareness month.  You probably have seen professional athletes at football games, soccer games..etc wearing the color pink.  I love that these athletes support such a wonderful cause.  Let me stand on my soap box for a minute and encourage all of you to do monthly breast exams.  It takes less than 3 minutes.. SERIOUSLY!

Breast cancer is a subject that is close to my heart.  I have had co-workers fight this UGLY disease, seen women lose their lives to it and I too have had lumps removed.  Thankfully, for me both lumps were not cancer but it still scares me to think that one day one of them could be.

If we paid more attention to our own breast as men did we probably would know when things change or look different.  So KNOW YOUR BREAST.  That way if something changes, look different or feels harder you can get your butt to the doctor.

I was 17 years old when I found my first lump and 29 when I found my second.  It probably was the scariest thing I have ever dealt with....but I can't image what it would feel like to have to battle breast cancer.  Now I have two scars to remind me that I have to take this disease seriously.  We need to fight this terrible disease and it starts at home with self-exams.  <-----Click self-exam to find out how to do exams at home.

Let's all save second base! Let's fight Breast Cancer together...Let's kill off this ugly ass disease.  Now I will step off my soap box and head down to the shoe to walk the Step up for Stephanie 5K.  I will remember all the ladies, men and families that is or have had a love one battle this terrible disease.

CHECK YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment