Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Just gonna do it again

Source: flickr.com via Jenn on Pinterest


This blog is not my race recap rather to keep my mind focus and to tell all of you that I have lost my mind.  Yesterday, I spent the day on the coach in pain looking for my next adventure.  One would think that after completing 26.2 miles that would be more than enough adventure....but not for this girl.  So I decided to take the day and look at races that I been wanting to do.

The one race that came to my mind was the Marine Corp Marathon in Washington D.C.  I have heard so many amazing things about this race and it has been on my bucket list for some time.  So I did the  search on the race and realized that I just HAVE to do it.  This race normally sells out in two hours the day it opens up.  Getting into this race would be a small victory in itself. 

I have many friends who are considering the race as well.  To me it is the perfect place to take on a challenge as large as a Marathon.  This race is all about the men and women who serve our country.  They are at the expo, along the course and the ones that are at the finish line handing out all the goods.

So if you need the motivation to do something as hard as a Marathon.. I would believe that this race would give you just that.  After all, those men and women put their lives on the line for us to live a normal life.  Another perk is running around the beautiful monuments and downtown D.C.

The day after my first Marathon I didn't even want to think about running again.  This Marathon different! I can't wait to get my running shoes on and hit the road again.  I can't to run in Disney in 79 days.  Insane.. Maybe but that is the only way I know how to be.  Running just does something to me. It allows me to visualize my own ability to achieve amazing things on the road and in my daily life.

So I will keep doing what I do best.... I am going to keep running and believing in my possible mission.

1 comment: