Sunday, October 21, 2012

Game Day


One word for how I am feeling at 4:30 AM on race day.. PROUD! 

Everyone thinks that running comes easy to me.  I can tell you that there is NOTHING easy about running...well maybe the stopping part.  I run because it allows me to take the world in one step at a time.  It allows me to take control of my future and mostly my health.  

Running is NOT easy the hardest part is even lacing up my shoes.  I rather sleep in on a Saturday than run 10 miles before the heat kicks in.  There are days I would do anything to not feel pain in my back from logging mile after mile.... But today (Marathon Day) is why I do those things.  Why I make myself get up, why I feel the pain...Just for that one moment when I can look around me and say WOW this is truly AMAZING.  

Today, I feel ready! I feel a little nervous!!! (someone told me last night nerves are a great thing!! It is telling the body that you are about to do something Epic) Mostly, I feel PROUD.  I feel proud that I have been training hard since June.  I am proud of my running partners who were with me when I wanted to quit..I am also proud that they didn't quit.  I am proud of my Dad who is chasing after his 2nd full marathon finish and hopefully with a new personal record.  I am proud of my cousin Diana who took this challenge on...she will be completing her 2nd half this time running it! 

Mostly, I am proud of myself! I am proud that I am a little crazy to do something as amazing as this.  Proud that I never give up on my dreams and proud that I don't allow people to shoot my dreams down.  

I can remember 8 years ago I had this dream to complete a Marathon some day.  I too believed that those runners were crazy, insane but I wanted to be part of that special club they had.  I wanted to be a Marathoner.  Today, I get to do it for the second time in my life! I get to feel the magic all over again and remember that anything is possible if you just believe! 

That is right today is NOT that day! Today I will BE AMAZING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment