Monday, October 1, 2012

My Peanut Butter Confession..



I hate to admit but I have to confess it once and for all.  I am in LOVE with something.  I am in LOVE with Peanut Butter.  I knew for a long time that I liked it but sometimes I there are times when I feel lost if I don't get it every day.  I LOVE it on a sandwich, apples, celery, ice cream, in a shake, on a spoon, in my oatmeal and sometimes even out of the jar.  I love peanut butter balls cover with chocolate, honey and almonds....I LOVE THE STUFF but my behind does not.

I haven't been to honest with my love for peanut butter or should I say my tablespoons worth.  I usually measure EVERYTHING I eat....but not this creamy wonderful stuff.  I realized lately that I might be getting a little to friendly with the Jiffy Jar. So today I have decided to give Peanut Butter up for a full month.  CRAZY-YES!! I don't know what I am going to do without this stuff but honestly I don't need it.  I am not going to drop over dead if I don't get my spoon full of it every day.  I can live without it....or so I hope!

Today I decided to check my measurements out, a true Kathy experiement.  A normal Kathy scoop of peanut butter is giant. A normal tablespoon of Peanut Butter is not giant.  I basically was giving myself almost an extra 2.5 servings of this stuff every day. CRAP! For someone that is trying to maintain her weight that extra 2.5 servings is worth 230 calories.. SERIOUSLY! I would have to run almost 2.3 miles to burn off that almost of calories.

NO... Peanut Butter is NOT bad for you unless you are to friendly with your spoon like me.  If you are honest with your serving size than you will be fine.  This my friends is why it is so important to measure and write down everything you eat! I have done this with my Peanut Butter every day for almost 4 months....EVERYDAY.  That is a lot of unwanted extra calories.

So that is my Peanut Butter Confession..... What kind of things are you hiding from yourself?? Do you have a confession to make?? Be honest and keep the measurements REAL!

1 comment:

  1. As a peanut butter-aholic myself, I may stage an intervention on you giving up peanut butter for a month. It's just not right. But then again, that means more pb for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete