Sunday, December 30, 2012

2 weeks away...




It's hard to believe that two weeks from now I will be in full recovery/post marathon mode.  I been looking forward to the Goofy Challenge for what seems like many years.  This race has been my dream race! My Olympics sort of speak! Every race I have ran in the past 8 years was just a stepping stone for Goofy.  To say I am excited is definitely an understatement! I am beyond thrilled for this awesome adventure. 

I would be lying if I didn't say I was scared or was a little worried about not getting to the finish line.  To me racing is sort of like a unwritten book.  The book starts when you decided to sign up for the race, continues on during your training and ends with the finish line.  I have to believe that since I am going to be in the land of happily ever after, that my Goofy journey will be just that.  My book has to end with a happy ending, as well as three new Disney medals.

I can't believe how strong I have become during this amazing journey. I am now confident in my choices, finding calmness in the craziness, and am finally allowing the walls around my heart to slowly crumble. It is truly amazing how much you gain and learn while logging all those long miles in.  That to me is what running is all about!

39.3 miles is crazy, insane and extremely goofy but it is my dream....my Olympics.  This race will set the tone of what I hope will be the most amazing year of my life.  I can't wait to tell you all about my Disney recap.  I hope that I can inspire all of you to go above and beyond what you think you are capable of doing.  The past year of my life I been doing just that... I been doing the impossible!

I can't wait to Kiss Goofy at the finish line.....and I certainly can't wait to see what 2013 brings to me! :) Happy New Year Everyone! 




2 comments:

  1. You're going to do awesome! I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Betsy I am beyond excited!!! I just need to stay healthy and get to Disney!!

    ReplyDelete