Monday, December 31, 2012

Risk


Among my friends, I am known as the risk taker.  Some might explain my approach on life as an adventure, someone that lives life on the edge and has a life full of excitement. My days start with hard workouts and end with evenings dreaming about my next move in life.  I live my life to the fullest because I know life goes by way to quickly.

I know that to live life to the fullest, also means taking some major risks.  Buying a home, training for big races, changing jobs, asking someone on a date, sharing feelings....etc.  They are all risk and do not come with guarantees :(  It would be safest to live a life where you don't take risk, but what kind of life is that?

So many people just wait for life to happen.  My question to these people is why wait? Take the step towards a life you want and have been dreaming of.  Sure taking risk means that you might fail but failing is better than never trying.  Plus, failing means you are one step closer to making that dream come a reality.  

2013 is the year to take more risk.  Make a list of things that you failed to do in 2012 and make those things a priority in 2013! Do something that will scare you, excite you and will make you a strong person because of doing it.  Don't focus on the unknown, focus on the journey! Be someone that is ready to change the impossible....into mission possible!!

Things that I plan on doing in 2013....

1. Be a tourist! I am so stuck on going to the same places because everything is familiar and safe.  This year I plan on traveling to New York City, Canada and even be a tourist here in Columbus.

2. Do 3 laps during Tough Mudder Michigan with my Tough Mudder Brother Justin.  This isn't something I am scared of but I am completely worried about getting shocked 6 different times during the race.  34 miles in two days in mud :)

3. RELAX.  I am taking a solid month off after I get back from the Goofy.  This will be the hardest thing for me.  NO lifting and No running.  30 days.

4. Personal Record.  I really want to get my half marathon time under 2:05! My goal would be under 2 hours.  This means I need to really work on speed this year.
 
5. Run another Marathon in Washington D.C. I have to get in the race first but I couldn't be more excited about this goal.  Washington D.C. is beautiful!

6. Wake up my artistic part of my life again.  I am sad to say that I haven't done a painting or many art projects that I love in years.  This part of my life has been silent for a very long time.  It is time to awaken it again!

7. Let go of the past.


What do you plan on doing during 2013? Remember it is worth the risk!!!!

1 comment: