Tuesday, December 11, 2012

January Resolutions-Happiness Project



Happiness Project Month One: RECHARGE

If you been following me you know that I tend to go a million miles a minute or until I have nothing to go on.  I work a million jobs, workout a crap load and am always saying "YES" when I should in fact being saying "NO".  So this month is all about reloading and recharging my body for another awesome year. 

Here is the list of things I will be working on starting January 1st

1. Beachbody Reset-This is a three week cleanse that I been wanting to do but haven't had the time because of training.  In the Reset cleanse you can't workout for a solid three weeks.  I hate the fact that I will not be able to lift a single weight or run a single mile during this time but I know my body needs it.  I will be eating foods I have never tried or even heard of.  I am not going to lie I am SCARED of this but extremely excited for a change in my mood, body and the way I look at food. What a perfect time to do it starting two days after I get back from Disney!?!? After running 39.3 miles in two days my body will probably be screaming for something like this!

2. Reduce Clutter-That is right I have clutter in my very small house.  I try my hardest not to keep things that I don't use or want but lately I been noticing a build up of things/junk.  I will be tackling the bedroom, basement, kitchen and my garage during this month! Lord HELP me!

3.  Praying-I do pray but I tend to pray when things are going wrong.  So this is the perfect time to pray for everything that is going RIGHT.  I have made such a connection with my church the last few months...I figured that bringing it home and to the table (literally) would recharge my heart and soul.  My goal is to pray before each meal, before bed and when I wake up every morning.  

4. Meditate-Some would think that praying is meditating but to me it is two different things.  I plan on taking 5-10 minutes each day to sit and NOT think about anything.  Sounds super hard right! I will turn everything off and try to relax! I will most likely do this after my Yoga practice...which I can do every single day during beachbody reset!

5. Read-20 minutes each day (NOT things online either).  I always get books and never finish them.  So my goal is to pick up a book and fall into it.  During this time no screens will be on :) Sounds relaxing right!

6.  Write in my journal-Just like praying I normally only write in my journal when I am upset or in a bad mood.  People might think I was a depressed person when I die if I don't change that! Goal here is to write at least one sentence a day....doesn't have to be about anything but I most jot something down.

So there you have it! Those are my resolutions for January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment