Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 3 Cleanse...

How did day 2 go?

Day 2 was a little rough for me.  I got the dreaded headache I been reading about and I was extremely tired.  I also a huge craving for anything sweet.  I wanted so badly to have diet coke, any kind of chocolate and honestly I would have had a spoon full of sugar.  It is hard to believe that I am already learning a few things on this cleanse.  Here is the list below...

1.  I have a giant sweet tooth! I knew I loved sweets but I didn't know how much I loved them till I couldn't have them.  I honestly feel bad for the people around me because I am sure I will get grumpy about with this sweet tooth not getting what it needs.  The sound of a giant candy bar sounds like complete heaven.  I pray that this cleanse will teach me that I don't need the sweets to feel satisfied.

2.  I am such a picky eater but getting out of my normal food box feels great.  I know that at the end of this I will feel differently about food. Trying something new is so hard for me specially when it comes to foods.  Yesterday, I had kale for the first time.  It was actually really good!

3.  My body really does need the rest.  I normally get 7-8 hours of sleep a night.  Since I started the cleanse I been sleeping 9-10 hours.  I don't feel sluggish when I wake up in the morning. 

Day 3

Breakfast-2 eggs, 2 slices of toast and steamed spinach
Lunch-Lentils salad and a huge salad full of cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots and sunflower seeds.  Homemade dressing as well
Dinner-Rice, Bean and corn taco with guacamole, salsa and streamed kale

I am extremely worried about the weekend. How do I handle going out to dinner with friends or being around foods that I want so badly?  This is when I have to dig deep and realize that this cleanse will not kill me.  I only have 19 more days to go... I got this :)

1 comment: