Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ultimate Reset Day One

The Ultimate Reset is just what my body needs.  After a solid year and a half of intense training my muscles and mind need a break.  What is the Ultimate Reset? It is a 21 day program that helps restore your body and clean out all the junk that has accumulates in you over time.  The junk can be food, pollution we breath and even the negative energy that we hold onto.

The program comes with a complete guide on what foods to eat (recipes included) and 6 different supplements that you take during the whole process.  No exercise is allowed but light walking and some yoga.  No caffeine, no drinking and a hell of a lot of sleep.

Day One:
Breakfast-2 eggs, 2 slices of toast and spinach
Lunch-Chicken, red potatoes and asparagus
Dinner-Rice, Bean and Corn taco with kale, salsa and guacamole

Snack-Vegan Chocolate Shakeology (not on the plan but I decided it wouldn't kill me)

Pictures from pinterest...


I normally eat healthy and don't drink a lot of caffeine...so day one wasn't as hard on me as it is for others. A lot of people report headaches and feel fatigue within the first few hours of starting the reset.  For me I felt a little tired and could actually feel some sort of cleanse happening.  I have to say I felt great after day one!

It took me a long time to finally make the decision to do this reset.  One thing I was completely worried about was the food.  I am extremely picky when it comes to foods.  Just looking at the menu put a dark cloud over me wanting to do it.  After talking to Corinne and others who have done the reset I decided to give it a try.  I am following the menus but but every single recipe.  I basically am finding a few meals during each week that I know I will like and throwing out the others I know I would hate. 

Here's a super quick glimpse at each week of the reset... WEEK 1 - Reclaim. This week you are reclaiming your health. Dairy and Animal protein is removed slowly week one.  WEEK 2 - Release. This will be the detox week.  This week will also be moving into vegetarian only meals. WEEK 3 - Restore. Eating will be vegan.

I know many of you are thinking... Gosh you are so healthy why do it? Well for me the reset is not about losing weight.  Of course, I will be super happy to lose weight but that isn't my focus.  My focus to learn to challenge my taste buds and to give my body the break it deserves.  I have read that many people deal with some crazy emotions during the cleanse.  I know I been holding onto some demons...so hopefully this will be the thing to release them out of my life.

I will be blogging about my journey...and I might throw in some video's! 

Do you think your body needs a reset?

No comments:

Post a Comment