Sunday, March 24, 2013

Food Prep Sunday



This week is my spring break! I am traveling to my hometown to visit my parents and then heading to Indiana to hang out with my sister's family for a few days.  I use to not worry about food when I traveled but now it is the first thing I pack up. 

If I don't bring food with them when I travel..I literally will fail the whole week I am gone.  My parents are doing so much better about having healthy food in the house but I am such a picky eater so the foods they have I don't usually like.  Plus, I am vegan right now and my family is NO where near a vegan lifestyle.  My parents are use to be bringing home food....so I am not overly worry about them. 

My sister however might take it personally if I bring healthy food to her house.  She is a healthy person but again I am so picky and I want to have complete control over what I put in my mouth.  I will probably call her before I come over to let her know that I will be packing up my food just so she is aware.  This can be a touchy subject for some people....but if you handle the right way most people don't care. 

So this is what I will be packing up....

SNACKS
Kind bars (this is for emergency reasons only)
Cottage Cheese 1% Snacks for the evening and Whole Wheat Crackers to go with
Emeralds sweet and salty peanut butter almond mix with 7 twisted pretzels
Greek Yogurts with Fruit
Popcorn with sea salt

BREAKFAST
Quinoa Blueberry, Cranberry almond pancakes with egg whites and grapefruit.  Sugar Free Syrup

LUNCH
Shakeology, kale, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, banana, almond milk

DINNER
Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili

I will be eating out with my sister I am sure at my favorite Mexican restaurant while I am there.  I am planning on eating dinner at my aunt's house for Easter so no meal planned for that.  I know my Parents will take me to subway for lunch on Sunday after church (if subway is open).  I have my splurge meals planned but I have extra foods just in case I am not please with my choices.  The important thing is always plan!!!!!!! If you don't eat it then you have food for the follow day or next week. 

Recipes below...
http://www.milkfreemom.com/vegan-quinoa-sweet-potato-chili/
http://www.aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com/2013/01/wheat-free-quinoa-pancakes.html





No comments:

Post a Comment