Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Thursday's Trade it in Tip #1

I went on my first real diet going into my Junior year of college.  Since that first diet I have had many ups and downs.  I was either giving 100% or failing 100%.  I honestly think I tried every diet out there..slim fast, weight watchers, diet pills and even went as far as starving myself.  My results were always different but my attitude never changed.

I hated feeling like I had to watch every single calorie I put in my mouth.  Which made me work out a lot...I completely OVER did it but I felt this was my only way to get me where I wanted to be and still eat the foods I craved. I would sometimes workout 2-3 hours a day followed by Chi Chi's for dinner.   :( NOT HEALTHY AT ALL.  I lost 30 pounds this way but I didn't learn a thing about nutrition or living a healthy lifestyle.

I remember hearing years ago that it takes 21 days to create or break habits.  I told myself that if I could start changing the way I view food that I could live a healthy lifestyle after all.  I knew the approach of going all in would only cause me to binge in the end.  So I had to take one day at a time, one week at a time and never look past that.  If I could change one thing once a week then I knew I could successful manage this new life I wanted.

This new way of life has allowed me to drop 50 pounds and build up my confidence that I have always longed for.  There are days that my fat girl thinking comes back but now I know how to tell her how to shut up.  I have decided to help you all by giving you one trade it in tip every Thursday.  I bet if you do a few you will see results and I guarantee you will feel better!  After all my goal is to make you all feel amazingly awesome!

It takes time to develop new habits but it is totally worth it! It is worth the struggle and all the craving that you may get.  Our bodies are our home! We don't want to put crap in our house we live in right? So why put crap in the only home that we should care for every single day??

Trade it in Tip #1

Trade in White Bread for Wheat Bread

Ever hear of the muffin top? White scratches are known to store in the midsection.  Who wants a muffin top? NOT ME!

White Breads are refined and has removed all nutrients that are healthy for us. Not to mention it is chemically bleached and stuffed with gluten, salt and sugar.  I know I don't want that stuff in my body especially anything that is bleached.. SICK!

Read the labels on the package! Some make you believe you are getting a healthy product but I can tell you most breads are NOT good for you.  Make sure the label reads pick up breads that say "Whole wheat or Whole grain."  If it the label reads "enriched or unbleached" then that brand has been processed...meaning it is not the best one for you!

Trade in the White crap and stick to the Wheat (Brown) Bread! I promise you that you will get use to the taste and soon you will not even crave the white stuff!










1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled onto your blog and it's great. This post in particular is an awesome reminder to keep working. Sounds like you've had amazing results from good old fashioned hard work - well done!! I look forward to reading about your continued success :) If you're at all interested, I'm blogging about attempting my first marathon (yikes) - britsytoboston.blogspot.com - so check it out if you'd like :) Awesome job with everything!!
    Britsy

    ReplyDelete