Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday's Trade it in Tip #2

I remember the days I would run to McDonald's or Taco Bell for a quick lunch or even after a super hard practice for a fast dinner.  The quick fix only gave me a big butt and terrible taste buds.  I don't even remember the last time I rolled up to a McDonald's to get anything other than a diet coke.  Even now that item has been removed from my diet....so McD's will no longer getting money from this girl. I can't lie :) I do love to go to Wendy's but that is maybe once every 2-3 months.  I love their fries!

So Thursday's Trade it in Tip is......

Pack your lunch and skip the drive thru

No time to pack lunch? Seriously...It takes a few minutes to throw together healthy foods into a brown paper bag.  Why in the world would you want to go anywhere where the meat is questionable? Do you really know what is in that meat or how they prepared it?! Seriously, think about it!

If you have ever seen Super Size me you might get where I am going with this.  It is unhealthy, not good for the heart and it just makes you feel like complete crap! If it is only the dollars meal...it is definitely crap...cheap crap! If you stuff crap into your body you will start looking like crap, feeling like crap and behaving like crap.  So don't eat the stuff!

It is actually cheaper to plan means yourself! Maybe a few of your coworkers will go on a rotating  schedule for lunch duties...You pack lunch on Monday for everyone, someone else does Tuesday...etc.  That way you don't have to plan every single day, you save money and you will eat less calories! Amazingly Awesome idea right there!

Stop fooling yourself....Healthy food is never served thru any kind of window!!

If you have to stop because you failed to plan pick Subway!! It is a perfect solution to a quick meal and it is also very healthy for you.  I eat subway once a week but I throw out the cheese and stick to mustard and a little light mayo.

Healthy Tip #1 Trade out White Bread for Wheat Bread
Healthy Tip #2 Pack your lunch and skip the drive thru

Don't forget to do both tips! Just because it is a new week doesn't mean you should go back to old habits like white bread!

1 comment: