Thursday, August 29, 2013

Changing things up..





I love working out but lately I been kind of dreading it.  I don't know why I am feeling the workout blues.  I just know that I need to change things up to continue to see success and to throw those blues away.  My friend Sandy from PNP land asked me to join her in a Body Pump class this week.  Of course I couldn't turn down a fun workout with a friend. 

Body Pump is such a fast fat burning class.  In 40 minutes this morning I was able to burn 322 calories.  Get this.. the weight wasn't even heavy but it felt like I was lifting a million pounds.  It for sure is the change that I needed this week because it wasn't a JOB to get my workout in.  

So I have decided to add Body Pump in my schedule 2-3 times a week. I know my marathon is coming up.. so I will probably only lift body weight when it comes to squats and lunges.  I have yet to decide on what to do about that.  I will be mixing up the Body Pump workouts at home and at the gym. 

If you didn't know Beachbody has a Body Pump series that you can do at home! I love this series and the music that comes along with it! A must have if you hate going to the gym! Les Mills is the perfect addition to any home gym! 


Have you ever tried a Body Pump class? If so did you like it?


No comments:

Post a Comment