Thursday, August 22, 2013

Running with a purpose


I have to confession to make.. I haven't been feeling the whole running thing lately.  I think it is because I am training alone this time or maybe I just need to get in a race (which I will this weekend)  I just haven't been motivated to run... until today!

Today, I decided to do a little trail running.  I haven't ran on the trail in a very long time :( With the Tough Mudder coming up I felt a little tester would be a great idea.  The first two miles SUCKED! In fact, I cussed myself out for signing up for these three marathons I have coming up.  It always completely amazes me what I say to myself when I'm running... sometimes I have happy thoughts but most of the time I deal with real life problems.  Today, was no different.

I started to think about my job, my life and mostly how terrible I been feeling lately.  Basically, the whole first two miles was nothing but a negative thoughts.  Finally, I told myself to stop this negative crap and think of something positive.  I started to think about the people who stop running and why they would do such a thing.....my guess is those people are not running with a purpose.

I always run with a purpose because it keeps me going.  I have raised money for charity, dedicated races for people who have passed and ran because I was proving to other that I can do anything.  PURPOSE is the fuel in most runners.  Running for a purpose has given my running a purpose...its a blessing!

So what is my purpose? My purpose is to run for those who can't run, for those who are fighting for our country, for those who have lost their lives and for those who are fighting to stay alive.  This purpose is the fire that keeps me going when I want to stop.  It's what helps me turn my negative thoughts into positive ones.  When I run for a purpose I run farther, faster and harder.

Purpose.. Find it! Let it be the fuel that drives you farther than you ever imaged.  Let it be the thing in you that says keep going.  A runner needs a purpose...





Do you have a purpose? If so tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment