Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Another month of rest...

I have to admit I have been loving this littel break from my life.  For the past two weeks I been focusing on recovery.  While the time was wonderful and defiantly needed, it certainly wasn't welcomed.  It was a struggle for me to do absolutely nothing but I had no choice.  Surgery is defiantly not for ME.

I went to the Doctor for my post surgery check up yesterday.  I was certainly excited to hear the words "restrictions have been lifted." However, I left the appointment upset, pissed and mostly felt like my body was failing me.  He strongly suggested that I continue this recovery for another month.  ANOTHER MONTH...WHAT? I barely could sit still for 2 weeks now he wants me to continue this for another 4 long weeks.  UGH!

I was planning on walking the Columbus half marathon next weekend.  I knew he wouldn't let me run but I felt that he would give me the okay to walk it.  He again gave me the complete opposite of what I actually wanted to hear.  I think my heart broke a little when he said "Kathy you need rest..walking a half marathon is not rest."

I have decided to take his advice :( I am now going to volunteer at the expo both on Friday and Saturday.  This will be a good way to get involved without actually being in the race.  Hopefully, this will help put my broken heart back together.  If anything maybe it will help me meet a super hot runner :)

I can't wait till the day my restrictions are lifted, as I know Louie is looking forward to it too.  I will have exactly 9 weeks to get ready for the Dopey race. (5k, 10, half marathon and a full marathon in four days) I am super nervous that my body will not be ready for this race but there is no doubt in my mind I will crawl to get to the finish line.  I will NOT miss this race!

I plan on keeping up my endurance by biking and walking.  Certainly this is not the best method to get ready for a big race but I have no choice.  Just because I can't run doesn't mean I can't move! The great news is that my Achilles needed a break and time to heal.  I plan on coming back stronger than ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment