Monday, October 7, 2013

Martha Who?

Post-surgery recovery has been less than fun for me.  Thankfully, I am feeling so much better but I am still unable to lift heavy stuff and still am not allowed to do hard cardio workouts.  I had to have someone help me carry Louie's dog food this past weekend because I can't lift more than 10 pounds.  Let's not mention how I am craving a workout that gets my heart rate higher than 120.  Walking just isn't cutting it anymore. UGH!

I had to trade in my running shoes and weight for colorful paint and lots of yarn.  Yep, I am turning into Martha.  I have realized that crafting sort of is like running to me.  No, I am not burn calories or getting my sweat on but crafting is therapy...GOOD therapy! Crafting keeps my mind busy, focused and allows me to wake up the artist side of my brain out. 

I was able to make these wreaths in less than 6 hours.  I decided to sell them since I enjoy making them! If you want a wreath let me know... I will be selling them from anywhere to 35-40 bucks plus postage.  I can do any color or theme :)

Pumpkins!!!!!! I love love love painting pumpkins! This is probably my favorite thing to do in the fall minus watching football.  I went to school to be an Art Teacher many years ago... I never finished the degree since I decided PE was more my thing.  I miss art a lot :( Each fall I am able to pull out my second passion in life.  I plan on painting a few more pumpkins for my porch :) If you want a pumpkin I will be charging anywhere from 15-30 dollars depending on picture and size of pumpkin!

I am so glad that I am able to focus my energy on something else besides my running shoes.  This break has allowed me to see that I am very talented in other areas of my life! I been wanting to explore my art side for sometime but always refuse to open my mind up to it.  This break was just what the doctor order!!!!!! I am looking for some art classes to take to continue my second passion....... STAY TUNED!

If you want a wreath or a pumpkin please email me at katmorgan2004@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment