Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2013 Final Review

What a GIANT year 2013 was for me! I accomplished a lot but also dealt with a few injuries, heart breaks and health issues.  This year I had to learn to really listen to my body both physically and mentally.  I gained a better understanding of the person I want to become and the person I plan on leaving behind.  I think it is simply amazing how much a person can grow in one year yet stay same in so many ways.  I plan on closing the year out with a lot of HOPE for my future in my career and my fitness life.  Closing the door on 2013 just allows me to see that I have a lot of great things coming ahead. :)

2013 REVIEW

Jan
I started 2013 out with the Goofy Challenge with my BRF (Best Running Friend) Corinne Crabtree.  This honestly has to be my proudest moment of 2013 for me!!!! It was a tough race but I knew I could face anything with Corinne beside me.  Running 39.3 miles in Disney with the Crabtree's is a memory I will always cherish.

Jan/Feb
Beachbody cleanse-no working out or eating crap for 21 days.  Lost 15 pounds but gained a better understanding on food, why rest is important and to listen to my body. Oh and I turned 32..BOOOOO.

March
Found out I had a Thyroid Issue. 

April
Ran the Nashville half marathon in pouring rain...I got a new PR but came home with an injury.


May
Ran the Cap City half marathon with an Achilles injury from Nashville.

June
Vacationed in Miami with my friend Kelly.
Pulled myself out of the Sunburst Half Marathon and Michigan Tough Mudder because of Achilles injury.

July
Vacationed in Nashville for a week :)
Phat Camp with my PNP family...talk about a great weekend in Nashville.
Duathlon.. My Dad Beat me.


August
New Kids on the Block concert :) Yes, you just read that correctly.
Louie had surgery.
Tough Mudder with Corinne.

Kenny Chesney in Detroit with old and new friends.



September
Ran the Air Force Marathon with my Cousin Diana!!!!! 3 days later had hernia surgery...UGH!
Didn't run, workout or even yogaed (is that a word) for 6 weeks.


October 
Pulled myself out of the Wine Glass Marathon.
Pulled myself out of the Columbus half marathon.
I hated this month :( It was super hard for me to pull myself out of these events...specially Columbus.
First Halloween party in Downtown Columbus.


November 
Wine and Dine Half Marathon with Tracey and Corinne.  I LOVED this race for many reasons!
 Football game with my Brother Bobby
December
Found out that my thyroid is messed up again :(
Started training hard for the Dopey Marathon

After, looking back I did accomplish a lot but I also had to pull myself out of a lot of events.  This year was the year of really listening to my body with all the issues I had going on.  My Achilles is feeling better and my thyroid is just going to have to be a learning process.  I raced when I could and rested when I had too.

I am still thinking about all my goals for next year.  My body has been going really hard the last two years.  To say I want to slow down would be a complete LIE :) I want to continue to push myself in many things in my life not just racing.  I have HIGH hopes for 2014!!!!


2013 thanks for the good times, the learning experiences, the heart breaks and the ability to share my passion with others.  I am glad to close the door on you but will always smile knowing that you changed me for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment