Monday, October 8, 2012

Symbol of hope


I have prepared for my upcoming Marathon for five long months.  The journey was certainly NOT easy but the journey was one I needed.  Training always allows me to think about my life and my future.  This marathon training was no different...in fact I believe this marathon training has allowed me to let go of some things I been holding onto and bury some hurt. 

As I logged mile after mile, I slowly was able to let go of things that have been weighing me down.  Things in my career, personal life, physical life and mostly spiritual life.  I have found that when you let go of pain and hurt that you are able to open up and see new wonderful things right in front of you.  

You see this journey wasn't about just running, it was about me being able to move forward with hope of a better future.  I know I will finish the race with the biggest smile on my face and I might even cry a little....who am I kidding I will probably cry like a baby.  Finishing the race means more to me than crossing the finish line and receiving my medal.  Reaching mile 26.2 is a symbol hope, a symbol of an amazing future and a statement to myself that the mission is POSSIBLE with hard work and effort.

So many people say they can't do what I do but I say you can if you believe and take the step towards the finish line.  Training has allowed me to say to myself that you can step towards many things not just finish lines....if you believe in yourself you certainly can do anything.  

I am so excited to see what the future holds.  I just know that big things are coming my way.  I don't know what they are but I do know I am not going to sit on my couch and wait for them to happen.  I will continue to remove the negative things out of my life and bring more positive things in.  This journey is not just about a race it is about my life.  

I just wish more people would take this challenge of running a race... maybe not a marathon.  I am telling you training and racing changes a people.  If you have any interest or are sitting on a fence about trying out running.....I am telling you now to DO IT!!! It will make you a stronger person, a better person! I will gladly help you with a training schedule and I will be there cheering you on.

Here is what I get at the finish line! My symbol of Possibilities :)


Source: via James on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Without a doubt training changes people! I have learned how strong I really am through my training. You are going to rock it and I will be cheering for you all the way!

    ReplyDelete