Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy Sunday: Columbus Art Museum

Art has always been my go to thing when I am feeling a little down and not sure where I want my life to go...Art is my safe place.  I can sit and look at a beautiful painting for hours...I can get completely lost in all the colors, the movement and the strong emotion that an Artist hopes to bring to their work.  Art is simply amazing, breath taking and powerful! I needed this little visit to the Columbus Art Museum today...it helped me see that no matter where you place "your paint brush" something stunning will always come out of it.

Here are a few of my favorite pieces from today.... all stolen from pinterest!


This picture does not do this piece justice! It is stunning... As you walk around this piece you see something different and new from each angle.  This was the first piece I saw at the CAM.  Totally in love with the colors... Wish I had space to put it up in my house!


I LOVE this abstract work! Holy cow did this work inspire me to rush home and start painting.  I just don't have the money right now to buy a canvas that big.  I will be starting out small :)









One of my favorite pieces at the CAM.  "Weeping Willow"- Claude Monet...beautiful! When you first walk up to this work you see all the amazing colors.  I didn't even see the tree at first but after getting lost I saw the branches and the leaves coming off of them.  It is seriously amazing work and the paint just pops off the canvas!

I wish I had a picture of the painting that I sat and looked at for over 15 minutes.  It literally sucked me in and honestly I didn't want to leave it.  Just looking at the piece I was able to put together somethings that I been struggling over the last few weeks.  That is why I love Art it heals you or at least tries too.  After a few tears I was able to stand up and complete my visit.

I believe in the power of Art again...I know I went there today for a reason.  I needed this alone time to remember what is missing in my life...What is that you might be asking? My first true love, my first passion... My Art life is what is missing! I am excited for this new awakening... I can't wait to get my hands busy on something other than a computer!


No comments:

Post a Comment