Friday, February 22, 2013

Sunburst 1/2 Marathon.. New Personal Record I HOPE!



Sunburst half marathon is now paid for! This race is a flat course, the finish line is on the 50 yard line of Notre Damn Football field and it is their 30 year anniversary this year....sounds like a perfect opportunity for me to hit a new Personal Record. 

In 2012, I didn't really push myself speed wise because I wanted last years races to be about finishing and fun.  This year I want to continue the fun part of racing but I want to start pushing myself to the next level.  In March 2012, I got my last PR of 2:05 :) 
Before the race! The only goal I had for this race was to run in a sports bra...then I got a PR too :) Score!
I can remember that race moment like it was yesterday.  Going into the race I had no expectations! All I wanted to do was run in Florida with my Dad and create a long lasting memory of running a race with him! Needless to say Dad didn't have a great race and I had to leave him at mile 6.  I really pushed hard, felt like I could die and cried when I noticed that I beat my last PR by 20 minutes! Wow is right!  It was a great race, beautiful flat course and it was right next to the ocean.  I wish I could go back this year but spring break is a week later.  Dad is running it.. I wish him luck!
We ran by this bridge as the sun was coming up! It was an amazing view..I got emotional at this part of the race! Taking a picture there with my biggest inspiration (my Dad) was a most!! 




So my goal for the Sunburst 1/2 Marathon is under 2:05 but I have a personal goal to get it at 2 hours or less! What does this mean? It's time to really focus on my speed and will be pacing myself during training at a 9:10.  Fingers crossed I got it in me... Mission is Possible! 

Guess what else is coming up in 2013???

Here is a clue

No comments:

Post a Comment