Sunday, March 31, 2013

Dopey Challenge? Why NOT!


Have you heard runDisney latest news yet? Disney decided that the Goofy Challenge wasn't Goofy enough.  You heard me right! Disney felt that running 39.3 miles in two days wasn't challenging enough for the advance runner.  They added a new challenge, the Dopey Challenge.

The Dopey Challenge is a four day event that is promised a lot of smiles, magic and awesome memories.  The Challenge will start Thursday with a 5K and will end on Sunday with a Full Marathon.  Below is the list of races and distances :)

Thursday-5k
Friday-10k
Saturday-Half Marathon
Sunday-Full Marathon

Total Miles in Four Days-48.6 miles

Runners will receive 6 finisher medals.  Dopey Medal, Marathon Medal, Half Marathon Medal, Goofy's Race and a Half, 10K and 5k finisher medal! Awesome right :) Every runner loves medals so to get 6 in four days is well worth the training and the trip!

2013 was a lot of Goofy laughs but I feel that if I don't take this Dopey challenge I will regret it.  Plus, Dopey is probably the cutest guy Disney Character out there.  I hope his medal is just as sweet as him. 

I'm getting Dopey.... the Question is are you?


1 comment: