Thursday, August 8, 2013

You Are a Badass..

Have you ever been told.. Dude you need some serious motivation or I bet you could find some answers in a book? Sure laugh but I bet you all have heard it! I know I have heard it millions of times but I hate reading and I hate writing :) (probably why I fail at proof reading anything).

However, something has happened in the last month that NEVER happens! I have almost finished not one but TWO motivational books.  WOW, is RIGHT! Motivation is definitely not something that I lack so why books on motivation and self-help?

Lately, I have felt like I am just existing in this little life I have built for Louie and I.  I don't want to exist anymore.. I want to LIVE and be in every single moment that is put in front of my face.  It kind of feels like I am blind in a world that I can total see.. Weird right?

After reading the book "You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life." I have realized that I can't life an awesome life if I am just existing in the days I am here on earth.  I can't be GREAT if I am not seeing this amazing earth with my own eyes.  I can't be badass if I continue to doubt all that awesomeness that lives in me....there is a whole lot of awesomeness buried in me I can just tell! :) 

I still have a few chapters to read in this book but I can tell it has changed the way I feel about myself.  In fact it has changed the way I look at a lot of things.  I don't have time for negative people or things in my life (I am cleaning house on this one).  I need to stop being so negative in my own thoughts and ideas.  I need to believe that I am heading in the right direction...EVEN when I have no clue what step to take first.  It's very confusing!!! 

This book is more than a self-help motivational book.. those books are boring :) This book allows you to laugh at yourself, question what you want in life and makes you see that everything will totally be okay.

I HIGHLY suggest you read this book... I plan on reading it again and really picking apart what I need to be better about in my life.  I plan on writing up reviews on what I learn and what I need to get done.

Just know this :) This girl plans on being a BADASS and plans on living an AWESOME life no matter what job, relationship, race or bad situation I am in because I am in change of me and I love me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment